Elements of Money®
(for members ages 11 – 17)
Elements of Money provides a customizable way to teach your teens and tweens essential money management skills before they’re applying them on their own. All products are co-signed by parents or guardians, allowing you to pick the exact combination that’s right for your child’s maturity and individual needs.
Elements of Money includes accounts and services, on top of cool features like blogs, videos, and tips—all written in a style they can totally relate to. Mix and match or utilize them all—choose from our suite of teen-centric products and services:
All memberships include:
- Elements Savings accounts* (required) Sign up for eStatements for and even higher dividend rate!
- Quarterly Elements of Money newsletter
- Access to Elements of Money website, which includes a blog and articles written just for teens
- Monthly Elements of Money podcasts, delivered to your teen's desktop or mobile device
- Financial education videos on demand via YouTube
- Online communities on Facebook and Twitter
- BalanceTrack® "Teens and Money" financial education tutorial
- Elements Checking Account*– Members can qualify for a dividend-earning checking account with no monthly service and free convenient services. Just $50 opens the account. Sign up for eStatements to receive an even higher dividend rate!
- Visa® debit card** – Both are tied to the member's checking account and include $200 weekend limits.
- Elements Visa® credit card** – Good anywhere Visa® is accepted. This card features a credit limit of $500, with no annual fees.
- eStatements – Sign up for eStatements for more convenience and rate increases! Receive a boost in rates on amounts up to $500 within our Elements Checking Account and Elements Savings Account.
*Parents must first open and remain on a savings account with their child until they reach 18 years of age.
**A parent or legal guardian is required to provide approval for each of these products. Subject to credit approval.