The following are common questions from our members and the answers that normally fulfill the associated need. If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact us directly via phone at 206-628-4010, toll free at 888-628-4010 or via secured message within your digital banking account.
Are there any limitations on what type of checks I can deposit using Mobile Deposit?
The following cannot be deposited with Mobile Deposit:
- Inspirus Credit Union checks drawn on the same Inspirus Credit Union account and deposited to the same account
- Altered checks which contains evidence of a change (correction fluid, crossed out, etc.)
- Foreign checks drawn on a financial institution in another country outside of the USA and in a non-US currency
- Incomplete checks which do not contain signatures of the maker, an endorsement, or is missing any information required for deposit
- Stale-Dated checks with instructions, such as, “Void 90 days after issue date” or “Must be cashed within six months of issue date.”
- Third Party checks made payable to a person who is not named on the account.
What are some of the common errors that will cause a picture of a mobile deposit to be rejected?
Folded or torn corners – The camera detects a folded and/or torn edge on the check.
- Front image is not legible – “View and Retake” error message may appear.
- “For Mobile Deposit Only” – If this is missing from the back of the check
- Amounts not matching –The amount entered is different than the amount detected on the check; “Oops!” error appears.
- Routing and account numbers unclear – The routing and/or account numbers may not be clearly detected. “Can you clearly read the following Routing and Account numbers?” error appears.
- No camera on the phone – “Phone camera needed” error appears.
- Image is too dark – “The picture is too dark, please retake the picture.” message appears
- Access denied – Appears if access was denied to Mobile Banking by Inspirus Credit Union.
Can multiple checks be deposited during the same Mobile Deposit transaction?
Only one check can be processed per deposit/transaction.
For example, 5 checks would mean 5 deposits/transactions.
How do I make a deposit to my account?
Inspirus Credit Union offers several ways to deposit checks or cash into your account, starting with our own branches. You can visit any one of our branches to do this:
- Seattle Branch - 5200 Southcenter Blvd. Seattle, WA 98188
- Spokane Valley Branch - 5123 E. 3rd Ave Spokane Valley, WA 99212
- Lynnwood Branch - 3405 188th St SW Lynnwood, WA 98037
- Bremerton Branch - 5363 Auto Center Way, Bremerton, WA 98312
- In-Store Branch, Seattle Safeway - 7300 Roosevelt Way NE, Seattle, WA 98115
- In-Store Branch, Kirkland Safeway - 10020 NE 137th St., Kirkland, WA 98034
- In-Store Branch, Puyallup Safeway - 708 Shaw Rd E Puyallup, WA 98372
- In-Store Branch, Tacoma Safeway - 2637 N. Pearl St. Tacoma, WA 98407