Owning a home can be a lot of work. Luckily, you don’t have to do it alone! We have the resources to help you relocate, refinance, build, or purchase a home. Explore the home buying help below or contact us. We’re happy to help you settle in and feel right at home.
Dreaming about owning a home? Our partners at BALANCE®, a respected financial-education organization, can help you get started. Here are a couple articles to teach you more about the home buying process:
Balance also offers a Pre-Purchase Counseling Program. To speak with a counselor, you can call toll-free 888-456-2227. Or for additional resources, visit inspiruscu.balancepro.org.
You’ve done your research, now it’s time to prepare. Be sure to have the following documentation handy when you’re ready to fill out applications for a home equity loan and home equity line of credit:
- Recent pay stubs
- Current financial institution statements (if receiving retirement benefits, child support, or alimony)
- Current tax returns (if self-employed)
- Employer contact information
- Copy of property tax assessment
- Statement or declaration page for Homeowner Insurance
- HOA/Condo dues (if applicable)
- Copy of loan note, HUD, or statement that shows balance and payment of current debt for subject property
- Payoff Statement (if proceeds will pay off another lien on property)
- Court approved agreement (Child support or alimony, if applicable)
Things don’t always go as planned. We understand that our members may periodically run into financial hardships. If your situation is affecting your ability to make an Inspirus Credit Union mortgage or home equity loan payment, we encourage you to contact some of the resources below to help you research and understand your options.
Analyze your needs
Inspirus Credit Union Credit Analysts can help you narrow in on the best options for your needs. Please be prepared to discuss your income and expenses including taxes, employment, and account statements.
Financial counseling affiliate BALANCE® offers a toolkit about Saving Your Home. It provides access to education resources to help homeowners avoid foreclosure.
Free or low cost counseling services
The United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) offers free or low cost counseling services throughout the country. Call to find a certified HUD counseling agency in your area.
1-800-569-4287 (TDD 1-800-877-8339)
Watch out for scams
Please explore every reasonable alternative to avoid losing your home, but beware of scams, and do not sign anything you do not understand. Examples of scams to watch out for:
- Equity Skimming: A buyer offers to repay the mortgage or sell the property if you sign over the deed and move out.
- Phony Counseling Agencies: Offer counseling for a fee when it is typically provided at no charge.
Report errors and request information
All notifications of errors and requests for information must be received in writing.Mail to: PO Box 576 Seattle, WA 98111-0576
Fax: (206) 676-3690
We’ve proudly partnered with Evergreen Home Loans whose mortgage loans provide features and benefits that can give you an advantage when buying a home.
When you’re approved with Evergreen Home Loans, you’re as good as home.
Visit their site for:
- A free affordability calculation app you can use on your smartphone
- Helpful guidance, like referrals for real estate professionals
- Evergreen’s Security Plus Seller Guarantee™ (if you qualify)
- A loan tailored to your needs and keeps costs down
Ask our loan consultant at Evergreen for the exciting details about Evergreen Home Loans today:
Whether you need financing for the short or long-term, we will help you transition the equity in your home into a competitive-rate loan or line of credit.
ADDvantage Mortgage Loan
Looking to refinance, but don’t want to be locked down into another long-term mortgage? This loan lets you pay off your home sooner and saves you on interest costs.
Set out the welcome mat and feel confident about your home financing options—get help securing a mortgage loan that is tailored for you.